Safety Alerts & Recalls
What does this mean?
This recall for Embeda was issued at a warehouse and pharmacy level only. The FDA and companies involved have determined that any recalled product that may have been dispensed to patients does not pose a significant health risk. If you take Embeda and are concerned, you should consult with your doctor or other healthcare professional.
King Pharmaceuticals Inc, and Actavis Elizabeth LLC Recall Several Lots of Embeda
King Pharmaceuticals Inc, and Actavis Elizabeth LLC are recalling select lots of Embeda (morphine sulfate and naltrexone hydrochloride) capsules. The following lot numbers are being recalled because samples from these lots failed the routine manufacturer tests that measure the capsules ability to dissolve: 1) Embeda 20 mg/0.8 mg Extended Release Capsules - Lots 581H91, 158G91 and 582H91
2) Embeda 30 mg/1.2 mg Extended Release Capsules - Lots 159G91 and 585H91
3) Embeda 60 mg/2.4 mg Extended Release Capsules - Lots 616H91, 503H91 and 617H91, Exp.
4) Embeda 50 mg/2.0 mg Extended Release Capsules - Lots 160G91, 586H91 and 587H91
5) Embeda 80 mg/3.2 mg Extended Release Capsules - Lot 583H91
6) Embeda 100 mg/4 mg Extended Release Capsules - Lot 588H91
Embeda is used in the treatment of chronic pain and contains the ingredients morphine and naltrexone. This recall alert only applies to these select lots of Embeda.
To view the FDA notice about this recall, please visit: more information here